Toronto traffic can sometimes be hectic. I would even say that it is always hectic. If you really want to navigate easily, public transit may be the suggested way of transportation in the heart of the city (praying that there are no delays on the subway system).
That being said and depending on situations, a car may be the sure way to get to your destination.
I have a work schedule that varies a lot, depending on where I am in the city. What does not change is the time I must pick up my daughter at her daycare. I must be there before 6pm otherwise there are fines to pay.
I have to admit that it is easier said than done. Hence, my mention about the traffic. I have to drive and pray, if you know what I mean.
A few months ago, I was so stuck in traffic that there was no way I could get to the daycare by six o’clock. It was mission impossible (unless I turned into Tom Cruise).
Out of desperation, an idea came to me: how about I use the GPS?
Guess what? I arrived at the daycare ten minutes before six o'clock. It was a miracle. You know what happened? The next day I took the same route the GPS showed me the previous day and I got stuck in traffic. "How come," I asked myself? "This is impossible!" The same route can be good today and very bad the next day. Traffic can really be unpredictable.
From that day I decided to use the GPS every single day, and everyday the route is different. In my sixteen years in Toronto, I never realized that there were parts of the city I didn't know. Using my GPS is allowing me to discover the city in all its dimensions.
The beauty of this is that, ever since I started using the GPS, I have never been late. How about that!
Here are a few lessons that I learned from my GPS:
1. The GPS is powerful, but it is useless if we don’t know where we’re going
2. The GPS is always available when we need guidance
3. The GPS knows the upcoming traffic (or trouble) way in advance, so it shows us the best way
to avoid it
4. The GPS will never judge you when you take a wrong exit and It always gives you a plan B
5. If you trust the GPS, it will never mislead you
6. The GPS always gets you out of traffic (or trouble)
7. The GPS always starts fresh the next day. What it told you yesterday may be irrelevant today.
All you need to do is trust it and don’t doubt its direction
8. The GPS can change the plan in the middle of the journey because it knows what is ahead
9. Our journey can be so much fun when we allow it to do its work and we focus on the driving
I am wondering: What other 3 letter word that starts with the letter “G” that functions exactly like a GPS?
That is the quiz of the week. Hope you find it
Moral of the story? Do you want to get the benefits of a cool GPS? Pass the quiz and you won’t be late to the daycare
Always a pleasure